Check this Out!!!! Thanks Ed for all you do for our community!
Boyertown’s own Ed Hudon from The Medicine Shoppe is a Finalist!!!
Pharmacy Times® and Parata Systems Announce the 2021 Next-Generation Pharmacist® Finalists
(CRANBURY, N.J. – August 18, 2021) – In a joint effort between Pharmacy Times®, the leading media resource for pharmacists, and Parata Systems, the leading provider of pharmacy automation, 30 pharmacy professionals have been named finalists of the 2021 Next-Generation Pharmacist® awards. Ten category winners will be announced at the Next-Generation Pharmacist® of the Year gala, which will be held at 6pm on October 8, 2021, at Founder’s Hall in Charlotte, N.C.
“Now in its 12th year, the Next-Generation Pharmacist® awards program is an opportunity to recognize and honor the outstanding finalists that are driving innovation in the pharmacy industry,” said Mike Hennessy Jr., president and CEO of MJH Life Sciences™, parent company of Pharmacy Times®. “In collaboration with Parata, we look forward to celebrating all of the finalists and winners later this fall.”
This peer-nominated awards program is designed to honor exceptional pharmacists, student pharmacists, technicians, and industry advocates across 10 specialized categories. A panel of renowned judges selected three finalists in each of the categories that are representative of the many roles within the pharmacy industry. The finalist’s pharmacy practice settings range from large chain retailers to independent pharmacies, specialty pharmacies, military bases, health clinics, and educational institutions.
The 2021 Next-Generation Pharmacist® finalists are:
● Angela D. Adams, PharmD, MPH, Central Florida Pharmacy Council
● Cortney Mospan, PharmD, BCACP, BGCP, CPP, Wingate University Levine College of Health Sciences
● Matthew Pruitt, PharmD, Walgreens
● Mayank A. Parikh, PharmD, Super Health Pharmacy
● Casey Villhauer, PharmD, BCGP, Vaxi Taxi
● Jason Wang, PharmD, Pevely Rx, Inc. DBA Medicine Shoppe
● Courtney Jurgens, PharmD, South College School of Pharmacy
● Raneem Pallotta, BHS, Northeast Ohio Medical University
● Isabelle Tharp, Drake University
Health System Pharmacist
● Shubha Bhat, PharmD, MS, BCACP, Cleveland Clinic
● Erica King, PharmD, West Tennessee Healthcare
● Kara Piechowski, PharmD, BCPS, BC-ADM, CTTS, WVU Medicine, Tobacco-Free Me
● Hannah Ariel, PharmD, Licensed Immunizing Pharmacist, Touro College of Pharmacy, Queens College and CUNY Research Foundation
● John A. Pieper, PharmD, FCCP, FAPhA, FFIP, University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis
● Michael J. Schuh, BS, PharmD, MBA, FAPhA, Mayo Clinic Florida
Patient Care Provider
● Alicia B. Forinash, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS, BCACP, University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy
● Kristen Hartzell, PharmD, Hartzell’s Pharmacy
● Ed Hudon, RPh, The Medicine Shoppe – Boyertown
● Cody Clifton, PharmD, CPESN USA / Duvall Family Drugs
● Captain Stephen J. Sullivan, Jr., Pharm.D., United States Air Force, Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson Element Chief, Inpatient Pharmacy
● Mary-Haston Vest, PharmD, MS, BCPS, UNC Health; UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy
● Mailien Dinh, PharmD, Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy at Children’s National Medical Center
● Joshua Farrell, PharmD, AAHIVP, Walgreens
● Chelsea Hustad, PharmD, CSP, Lumicera Health Services
● Kerri L. Marzolf, CPhT, Ardon Health
● Jenny Peña, L-CPhT, Banner Health
● Amber Suthers, CPhT, MSAH, Surgoinsville Pharmacy
● Hugh Heldenbrand, PharmD, M.S., CPESN
● Dan Kistner, PharmD, Vizient, Inc.
● David Medvedeff, PharmD, MBA, Aspen RxHealth
“Pharmacies are performing exponentially more services than ever before, showcasing an overwhelming display of innovation, entrepreneurship, and leadership across what has become an immensely interdisciplinary practice,” said Rob Kill, Parata CEO. “We are honored to celebrate our nation’s top pharmacists, both current and future – and congratulate all of those nominated in 2021.”
Winners will be selected from each of the categories and one finalist will be named the 2021 Next-Generation Pharmacist® at the 12th annual awards program. All selected finalists will be featured in the September issue of Pharmacy Times® and on https://www.nextgenpharmacist.com/.