What Is Continuing Care?
The Three C’s of Frederick Living’s Continuing Care Retirement Community
At Frederick Living, being a continuing care retirement community means we provide the full spectrum of person-centered care:
- We offer maintenance-free villas, two types of cottages (The Meadows and The Dogwood & Maplewood Cottages), and apartment living for those who want to live active, independent lives while taking advantage of all of Frederick Living’s amenities.
- We provide assistance to those who need help getting through their otherwise independent days in our Magnolia House personal care center. Respite care is also available at Magnolia House for family members who need a little help when caregivers go out of town or simply need a little break.
- We provide short-term rehabilitation therapy to help you get back on your feet after a hospital stay.
- We provide round-the-clock licensed nursing care in our Cedarwood Health Center for those who need more specialized care.
- We provide safe, kind-hearted care to those struggling with Alzheimer’s disease and other diseases that impair the memory in our Aspen Village memory support center.
- And we provide support and peace of mind to those who need help caring for a loved one with physical or cognitive difficulties, through our fully licensed respite care services.
At Frederick Living, continuing care means you need not worry about arranging for your future health care needs—you always have access to our full continuum of on-site health care services, should you ever need it.
At Frederick Living, our care is consciously and unambiguously person-centered. This means we seek to preserve the dignity and autonomy of every person who lives here, in every aspect of life.
We place the desires of those who live here first—allowing their voices to be heard and their choices honored as much as possible. Our care-giving teams are dedicated to the residents they work with every day. As a result, our caregivers come to know and love each resident they work with—and our residents come to know and love those who work with them. A family atmosphere develops—no one lives or works among strangers at Frederick Living!
Finally, at Frederick Living, we are emphatically a community. Our small-town feel means that we know each other, we care about each other, and we feel connected to each other. This goes for families as well, who often comment on the friendly, welcoming spirit at Frederick Living.