If your loved one is struggling with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia, you’re all too familiar with the heart-breaking progression of these diseases. At Frederick Living, we’re committed to caring for people with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias—and those who love them—live as well as they possibly can, every day.
We have developed a truly warm, nurturing, and home-like environment at Aspen Village. Aspen Village is cozy and inviting so that everyone feels connected and cared for. Naturally we encourage family members and loved ones to visit and to become as involved in the life of Aspen Village as they can—we consider you a central member of our care-giving team.
Those of us who work at Aspen Village are specially trained in working with people with dementia. We’ve adopted a highly individualized, person-centered approach that honors your loved one’s autonomy and dignity. We support your loved one’s comforting routines, as well as gently introduce new and enjoyable activities that provide structure and stimulation throughout the day.
Within the security of Aspen Village, residents are free to enjoy and visit with their neighbors, family members, and members of the care-giving team. And there’s plenty for them to do:
- Snoezelen® multi-sensory room provides diverse sensory experiences to help residents engage with the world around them
- Activities encourage self-esteem and group connectedness
- Sit-down meals in a relaxed, family dining room encourage residents to connect with each other
- Sunny enclosed courtyard, with an inviting garden and walking paths, provides a safe area for outdoor enjoyment and activities
- Enclosed sunroom with porch provides a bright and welcoming place to visit
- Friendly community rooms and dining areas serve as gathering places for activities
- Comfortable rooms are available furnished or unfurnished—enabling you to fill your loved one’s environment with treasured memories
- Complete housekeeping and laundry services for your ease and convenience
“I can’t say enough good things about the care my mother has been receiving at Frederick. The staff in Aspen Village is always friendly every time we visit. They have been helpful with every request. They genuinely care about the residents, and take the time to make sure all their needs are met.” – Sandra Mest
“There are not enough words in the English language to express my gratitude and appreciation for all the loving care my mother received at Aspen. The staff went above and beyond in their efforts to take care of her. When I could no longer take care of her myself they became an extension of my love for my mother.” – Linda Saul