Health Care Services
At our Cedarwood Health Center, our multi-disciplinary care team works hand-in-hand with you and your loved ones to meet your goals and maximize independence. Our desire is to help each resident find meaning and purpose every day while providing comprehensive medical and rehabilitative care as needed.
What We Offer
At Frederick Living, we care about each of our residents and those in our short-term rehabilitation centers. We offer these services to ensure that people living in our residential living neighborhoods have access to on-site health care.
Our rehab center offers several comprehensive therapy options to help you set health goals and work to achieve them. Our exceptional licensed therapists can help those who just had surgery, an injury or an illness to get back on their feet in no time.
Our therapy options include:
- Physical therapy: Physical therapy includes exercises, stretches and massages to strengthen weakened muscles.
- Occupational therapy: This form of therapy helps individuals recovering from surgery or stroke relearn how to do everyday activities, especially those they enjoy — from playing guitar to typing on a computer.
- Speech therapy: This therapy can help individuals relearn how to stimulate thinking, form words and perform nonverbal communication. Speech therapy is especially helpful for older adults who have had a stroke or other brain injury.
Complete Medical Follow-Throughs
In addition to therapies, we provide convenient medical services to save you a trip elsewhere. Frederick Living has the following on-site:
- Pharmacy: Send your medications to our pharmacy for easy pickup.
- Laboratory: Our laboratory can provide basic blood tests with a doctor's order.
- Radiology: We have the resources for X-rays, ultrasounds and other radiology tests.
- Dental: Keep your teeth in tip-top shape with our on-site dental cleaning services.
- Podiatry: If you have been having foot pain, our podiatrists can take a look and recommend supportive footwear to help.
- Ophthalmology: Our on-site optician can update your current prescription and order glasses through the office.
If something comes up after office hours, we have 24-hour nursing care available. We also have a physician on call for more serious emergencies. You are in good hands with our staff. If a hospital visit is necessary, one of our experienced registered nurses will coordinate care to ensure the hospital team is updated on your current medical records.
Our on-site health care services are just one benefit of being a part of our supportive living care community. When you live here, you will also have access to:
- Recreational activities to learn a new hobby or continue an old one
- Weekly neighborhood meetings to share in and improve community life
- Large indoor and outdoor public areas for activities, entertainment and visiting
- Housekeeping, laundry and meal services
- Our on-site beauty salon, library, mini-golf course and other amenities
Reach out to Our Health Care Team Today
At Frederick Living, our health care goal for our residents is to recover well while living well. Whether you are looking for short-term rehab or a more long-term community to call home, the Cedarwood team will help you meet your unique goals. Contact us for more information.