The arrival of October brings with it a reminder to ourselves to consider how we manage the stressors of daily life, especially during the pandemic. Many people are feeling the stress of social isolation, fear of the coronavirus, becoming caregivers, in addition to parents doing at home learning with their children.
Emotional Wellness Month helps us focus on the ways that we can care for ourselves. This includes learning how to process feelings in a healthy, positive way or practicing self-care strategies such as crocheting or exercise.
Listed here are 6 ways we can support our emotional wellness during these high anxiety times!
- Physical exercise: Walking outside is one of the easiest and simplest ways to exercise, but it also lets you experience the world through our senses.
- Social connections: Connections and conversations with others give us the opportunity to express feelings to others and make long lasting relationships.
- Self-care: Promoting our physical well-being helps us improve our self esteem.
- Meditation: Practicing meditation provides us with a sense of calm, decreasing stress and centering our anxious mind.
- Emotional Self-Check-Ins: Alleviate Stress, let go of negative emotions.
- Pursuing hobbies: By taking a moment for yourself to let go of worries and negativity you can focus on something that gives you pleasure. Hobbies also offer a strong sense of purpose which can positively affect our emotional wellness.
Remember to take care of yourself, so you can be the best version of you possible!