CCRC’s across the county will be celebrating Active Aging Week September 23-29, 2012.
Theme: Many Journeys, Many Destinations
During the last week of September, older adults will find plenty of interesting things to do and learn during Active Aging Week, the International Council on Active Aging’s annual health promotion event. Frederick Living will be joining in the fun!
CCRC’s across the county will be celebrating Active Aging Week in promoting the benefits of a healthy lifestyle by providing many free, fun, and life-enriching opportunities including:
- Healthy lifestyle presentations for diabetes, arthritis, managing stress and other conditions
- Nutrition presentations and food demonstrations
- Holistic Health Care
- Brain fitness and healthy mental outlooks
- Health and fitness assessments
- Concerts, movies, and themed dinners
- Group exercise and fitness stations
- Games and challenges, craft workshops
- Cookie baking and drop off to local businesses
- Free food, prizes, coupons and T-shirts
Resident-oriented activities throughout the week will support living as fully as possible within the 6 Dimensions of Wellness—physical, emotional, occupational, spiritual, social, and intellectual.
Among the many Active Aging activities happening at Frederick Living that week, we invite the public to join us for our kick off concert event on Monday evening, September 24. An outdoor movie on Wednesday evening, September 26 (rain date Sept. 27) will also be open to the public. Both events will be free. Check back on Facebook for more information as we get closer to the date.