Ways to Give

Gifts Made Now Include:

Gifts of Cash

Checks can be made payable to Frederick Living and mailed to:
Advancement  Frederick Living
2849 Big Road
Zieglerville, PA 19492.

The Advancement Office is located inside the front entrance of the main Magnolia House Building to the hallway on the right.

Online Gifts

Authorize a charge on a credit card. Give online now.

Donating IRA Distributions to Charity

An easy, tax-free way for persons over 70 ½ years old to give to charity is by giving directly from your traditional IRA (Individual Retirement Account).  This type of gift is called a Qualified Charitable Distribution or QCD.  The funds must be transferred directly to the charitable organization from your IRA to count as a QCD. These gifts can count toward meeting your Required Minimum Distribution but are not taxed since you’re giving that portion to charity.  You don’t get a charitable deduction on your taxes but you may be reducing your taxable income by giving this way. We have found that a number of our donors find this a valuable way for them to donate.

Gifts (Transfers) of Securities/Stocks

Let us know you are considering a donation of stock or other securities (Mutual funds, index funds, and “ETFs”) and we can e-mail you the exact information you or your broker would need to transfer the shares electronically. You will then receive our DTC#, brokerage name and account number for you or your financial advisor to transfer the stock or securities. Securities can also be delivered in person or by registered mail. Contact Amy Cummings-Leight Director of Advancement at 610-754-7878 Ext. 1250 or click here to e-mail her to arrange this.

Please note: For tax purposes, the Gift Date is recognized as the date the shares enter our investment account. Your gift will be valued based on the average price (the mean between the highest and lowest selling prices) of the stock on the date of the gift.  When gifting stocks or securities please make sure we are notified specifically of your gift so we can properly receipt you.

Gifts of Real Estate or Tithing Sale Proceeds of Personal Residence

Persons moving to Frederick Living can usually take their applicable exclusion on capital gains when they sell their personal residence. A tithe from the sale can be given as cash or used to purchase a charitable gift annuity.

With professional counsel, the transfer of an investment or second property may benefit the donor as well as Frederick Living.

Planned Gifts Realized in the Future Include:


The opportunity for remembering the needs of others at Frederick Living can be included as part of a charitable bequest.

Gifts from Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAS)

A gift from an individual retirement account (IRA) can be a wonderful gift to charity. This can be accomplished by simply naming Frederick Living as a beneficiary on the beneficiary form. One’s estate may realize substantial tax savings in this type of gift.  Frederick Living, as a charity, would not be subject to both types of taxes (income and inheritance) a family member would be if they were not a surviving spouse. Therefore, this is often a good avenue for charitable giving in your estate plans.

Gifts of Life Insurance

A life insurance policy can also be a great gift to charity especially if you do not have family you wish to be the beneficiary. This can be accomplished by simply naming Frederick Living as a beneficiary on the beneficiary form.

Charitable Gift Annuities

A minimum $10,000 gift of cash or appreciated securities to purchase a charitable gift annuity can provide a lifetime fixed annuity payment. At death, the remainder of the annuity is received by Frederick Living.

Charitable Remainder Trusts / Charitable Lead Trust

These life income plans are well suited to receive investment real estate as the gift asset. Taxes on capital gains are avoided in this gift transaction if the property is transferred prior to signing any sale or option agreement.


Any gift may be given in memory or in honor of a loved one.

We welcome the opportunity to answer your questions.  You may contact  Advancement Staff by visiting Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, phone 610-754-7878 Ext. 1250 or e-mail.  We are available at other times by appointment. Thank you.